broken block

lundi 31 mars 2014

According to the P.O. this is a low mile Jasper rebuild. its a 4.2 out of an 89 YJ I'm doing a build on. I pulled the engine trans and tc as one piece months ago and just got to taking them apart and found this. as you can see from the picture there is blue paint on the crack and in the threads so its been like this for a while. Anyway I would like to save this engine it runs and sounds great. I did a similar repair years ago on an old tractor using a high nickel electrode designed for cast iron. I put a proper length stud in the threads that remained and warmed up the block area SLOWLY to about 250 degrees and layed in very small beads and peening each weld immediately trying to never get the block hot. So I had a stud sticking out of the block instead of a threaded hole. It worked and 15 years later it is still holding. Is this a good process for my YJ engine or did I just get lucky the first time. Any input will be appreciated




Attached Images





File Type: jpg broken block.JPG (130.8 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor