A pound or two of wisdom - Axle swap

lundi 31 mars 2014

Need some direction.



I have a 2000 Tj. Want to do an axle swap. It looks like I should be looking for an HP 30 off of an XJ 84 to 96 for the front? And perhaps a Dana 44 rear or 8.8, perhaps a 9inch for the rear?



Can someone suggest what vehicles axles I should be looking at that would actually be close to bolt right in?



Also.... as much as I am afraid to ask.... by the time you install the proper gears bearings, brackets, etc.... are we just better off buying a completed axle to bolt right in? I know that can depend on if we are lucky enough to run across some killer deal. But I am not that lucky.



Anyway..... not sure what direction to go.



Will be installing a 6 inch lift. 35" tires. Current TJ is stock 4.0 5 speed.

I drive short distances to work.... and offroad just about every weekend. I live where snow can range 300 inches to as much as 700 inches in a season. I think I could live with 4.11 gears. But open to suggestions. If I have someone else do the regear..... what am I looking at generally speaking $$.



Any help is greatly appreciated. I can weld and have the room to do my own work.... to some degree.



Oh.... and I don't really want to spend $2500 plus per axle if I can avoid that. No offense to anyone..... but that just is nuts. How the heck did that happen!?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor