Crankshaft Position Sensor Question

lundi 31 mars 2014

So I recently, like four months ago, changed my crank pos sensor. It was nice for like two days, but then the Check Engine light came on and sometimes flashes when the engine goes into higher revs.

When I replaced this, I did not put a small metal bracket back in. I decided to run without because I thought it was useless and too hard to put back in.

I checked the codes and I've got a misfire on all cylinders except #5 and something else was wrong but I forgot what it was. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor didn't help, besides giving it a little more power I think.

Now I am thinking that the metal bracket that was on the sensor originally was actually some kind of spacer to allow for more of a gap between it and the transmission housing...

Will putting this little metal piece back in solve all of my problems, or is it something else? Call me lazy, but that little sensor is a PITA to mess with and would like to avoid ever touching it again...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor