lift springs

samedi 29 mars 2014

Ok now.......whose the expert on spring rates and such in the aftermarket world. I sure could use some help.

I've installed the aev 2.5 inch lift on my rubicon unlimited and it rides really well at times and then at times it's too stiff. Especially side to side. And the rear rake kinda of ticks me off. I also installed the correction brackets. I got 2.5 inches of lift in the front with the winch and almost 3.5 in the rear. I dont have a heavy bumper system and I'm worried once the top comes off in the summer the rake will be even more.

are the progressive springs only good when the jeep is loaded up? I'm wondering if I need to remove the springs and maybe install a different brand that are constant rate with different spring rates based upon the front to rear weight.

What I'm thinking now is there is not a one lift fits all. I had this same problem with my old YJ. I finally bought a good set of Rubicon express springs and then I modified them to fit the jeep. It just seems so easy to me why a company can't sell different spring rates based upon the weight of the vehicle and desired lift.

Any one else dealt with this.....I don't think i'm alone.

AJ




Attached Images





File Type: jpg jeep3.JPG (286.2 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor