First time buyer, 99 vs 02 Grand Cherokee

samedi 29 mars 2014

Hi everyone, I am about to purchase my first jeep and am attempting to curb my excitement and do my diligent research before settling on a victor. So my price limit is about 5k and so far I've found two that seem to fit the parameters of what I need:



One is a 99 GC Laredo with 115k miles, selec trac, I6, auto trans. Here is the link if it helps: http://ift.tt/1obpNUq



The other is an 02 Limited with 138k miles, quadra trac, 4.7l V8, auto trans, and some aftermarket goodies. Again, a link: http://ift.tt/1iLrPoP



My immediate concern with both jeeps is the wisdom of buying a 15 or twelve year old vehicle, and what the mileage means in terms of eithers longevity. Also, is there any distinct advantage between selec trac or quadra trac? Does the economy of the I6 offset the power of the V8? Do either have any known issues or gremlins I should look out for, and are there any specific things I should be looking for when I go look at them? I'm also curious, especially with the 02, of it having been abused in the past. As with any vehicle, I've heard heroic tales of bulletproof motors and transmissions, faultless electrics, etc; and I've heard horror stories about the same things. At the end of the day, any used vehicle purchase will have its risks, but I REALLY want a jeep!



Thank you for your insight, and forgive my long-winded nature.



Jason




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor