Oil pump choice

lundi 31 mars 2014

I have a bit of an unusual task in front of me for my current 4.0 rebuild. I'm boring and stroking the block out to 4.7L and plan on dropping it in the 83 American. Like the previous engine, it's only going to hold 5qts oil. Is the physical structure and oiling points in the 4.0L the same as the 258 or is there something I missed? I'm looking at a few available oil pumps care of Melling and Sealed Power and I see a mix of standard volume pumps and a high volume pump. The Sealed Power high volume pump 224-43505 looks like it would have been perfect for my old engine but that time has passed.



I'm wondering what kind of behavior I can expect if I put a high volume pump in a new engine. I won't be using the 4.0 pickup. Rather, I remember the 258 pickup being necessary but I don't remember if the only difference was the clocking of the tube.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor