545rfe…toast?

dimanche 30 mars 2014

Basically, after dumping several hundred dollars and countless hours into my '02 Overland to make it run good again. I cleared up the smoking, stalling, rough idle and various other issues. Driving it again for the first day it starts clunking around and hunting for gears getting onto the freeway. Luckily I had only a short way to go so driving in 3rd(?) @ 55 got me where I needed to go. Being familiar with Jeeps, I immediately thought TPS, but I got a P0700 in the odo so I called my buddy with a fancy scanner to read the tranny codes which came back P0734 and P0735, incorrect ratio for 4th and 5th gear, respectively. Fluid level is good and doesnt look or smell burnt. I went ahead and changed both the input and output sensors on the trans with no luck. If I turn the O/D off when I first start driving, so it never tries to shift into o/d, it drives great. Shifts smooth, no hesitation/slippage, has tons of power, etc. If I drive it with the o/d on it behaves as described above and then seems to go into some sort of limp mode.



I know very little about cars, even less about automatic transmissions. I am thinking that something is wrong with the o/d unit? I am completely ignorant though. Could the TPS be causing the problem even though I don't have a code for it? I have had them go bad in other Jeeps and it caused all kinds of funky stuff to start happening. I am really wanting to get rid of the Jeep so I sick of throwing money at it. Sorry so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks, Rgfab




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor