Taillights Too Dim

dimanche 30 mars 2014

Quick question, my local shop will not pass my TJ for its state inspection due to "dim taillights". So I went ahead and replaced both lamps with 2057 dual filaments just like the OEMs and cleaned the lenses inside and out, they are not cracked or hazed. I also took a small bottle brush and cleaned the sockets with some electrical spray cleaner, then greased the bulbs. I don't see any difference. The guy made the point that he has replaced several TJ tail lamp assemblies because of this. Huh? Fwiw it passed everything else (emissions, brakes, etc) just that the rear lights weren't bright enough.

Never had this problem before, I do my own wrenching but this guy is within walking distance of the house and has passed all my other cars including this TJ for their inspections last year so its convenient to drop the car off to him. Actually last year he failed the TJ because one of the flare mounted side markers wasn't working. Easy fix, had been meaning to take care of it anyway so I didn't think anything of it. Maybe I need to drop it at a quick lube place to get it passed.



Has anyone had to replace their rear lights because they weren't bright enough for a state inspection? Is this a common issue?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor