Head gasket or complete rebuild?

lundi 31 mars 2014

Hey so here is my dilemma 2000 TJ 4.0 (0331)head casting, no oil pressure at hot idle, it's drinking about a quart of coolant every 50-75 miles ( my drive to and from work) I can see some leakage at the head gasket on the oil filter side around 3,4 cylinder, and the oil is contaminated with coolant.



So should I just do the head gasket, or should I do the entire motor ( 136k miles) but the motor has tons of power and the oil pressure is good when it's cold ( I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge that reads 50 psi @ cold temp idle/ 4 psi @ hot temp idle) there is no loss of power after it gets hot.



One of my big questions is, does any of the motor people think the main bearings are gana go bad after I do the head or are already bad?



Thanks everyone for the future input.

Not looking to swap in a V8 or anything just keep the motor that's in it maybe swap to a stick in the future haha



Sent from a jeepers iPhone




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor