1986 CJ7 Laredo back from the dead...

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

So my project vehicle is finally going to end up as my Daily Driver since my girl friends ****ty Chrysler sebring took a crap on her, and I'm nice enough to let her drive my WJ till she can get a new car.



The CJ runs pretty well so far but I do have a few questions on it.



When starting after sitting for a day, it cranks alot before she finally starts up. This is with pumping the pedal, is this normal for most CJ's? Or am I losing fuel pressure somewhere along the way?



After it starts the exhaust smell is so bad it gives my girl friend a headache in minutes, where I go to get my inspection, they have never given a rat's *** about emissions as far as I can tell so I'm not too worried about that but are there any common spots on the CJ's where the exhaust begins to leak? There's no bad rust anywhere on the whole Jeep surprisingly as its been sitting in the backyard for 7 years now.

The smell gets into the cab while driving whether the doors/top is on or off and I've only been able to find some small holes in a metal (exhaust?) pipe.





And the brakes still seem to lack muscle, I can stop...but I probably couldnt stop if something unexpected happened on the road, I've replaced the front calipers and brake lines and bled the brakes, besides bleeding them more, is there anything else I can do?



And well, Ya'll will probably be seeing me post more in the CJ forum, so thanks for the help fellas and if there's anything else you think I should look at let me know!



Ben




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor