Diagnosis on engine misfire/sputtering

mercredi 22 octobre 2014

Hey there,



Been a while, but it seems I need everyone's help again. My 1992 YJ 4.0 is having some engine trouble. Basically it's sputtering and missing a lot in third gear from 2-3000 rpms and in fourth from 2500 on up. Prior to the problem it had been 30,000 miles since the last oil change or air filter. It was leaking everywhere. I remedied all the leaks and gave her a half *** tune up once she started missing. Seafoamed the oil too before I dropped it.



Still having the problem. Pulled one spark plug, had a little bit of corrosion on it but I thought it would be ok. checked for excessive blow-by.. Injectors should be alright although I haven't ruled them out. Reset the ECM, and it went away for about 10 miles then came back.



Planning on checking for spark on all the plugs next, as well as a short.



Any other ideas?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor