USA Bikini Top

mardi 28 octobre 2014

I got my USA Top today. (see other threads)

Immediately on taking it out of the box, it was obvious that it weighed more than my old Bestop bikini. The thickness and quality of materials is obvious. The webbing is thick and sturdy, yet supple and soft. Where the webbing attaches to the top, itself is heavily stitched and reinforced. The seam, across the top centers perfectly on my roll bar.

I got the black denim, which is a perfect match with my Smittybilt wind jammer.

It took a few minutes to get it installed. It fit perfectly into the windshield track (better than my Bestop) What took time, was fishing the webbing through the buckles. The thick webbing was a little tight. To me, this is a good thing. It shouldn't slip, at all.

II did get a little pleating, just behind the windshield frame but I suspect that's just from being folded up, in the box. I expect it will relax and smooth out in a day or two. I also have a little bit of a wrinkle on the rear portion that I believe is caused by my footmans loops being right on the corners of my Jeep. If they were more in line with where the webbing comes off the top, I believe that wrinkle would disappear.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my first impression. My Jeep is a daily driver and I may be making a 1300 mile road trip with it in the near future, so updates will be coming.























0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor