93 YJ about to drive cross country, need to fix rough acceleration

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

Hi, I bought my first wrangler in Miami, FL and hope to fix this persisting vibration problem before driving it home to Oregon next month. A few months ago I noticed a change in the amount of vibration I felt when accelerating over 1500rpm in any gear—it was an immediate change one day and felt like something either "busted" or came lose as I was driving.



Since then I've searched forums and tried to fix little things that could be the culprit, such as old hoses or possibly burnt out spark plugs: I changed the heater/radiator hoses and replaced sparkplugs, wires, & rotary cap. I also ran some fuel-injector/carb-cleaner through the gas tank, and I put brand new tires on a few months ago. The jeep shifts fine and the gas mileage doesn't seem to have gotten any worse, so my novice guess is that there's something wrong with the tightness of connection around the trans-mount/driveshaft...but this is just a guess and it could still be due to a seal/hose I haven't found (despite no leaks under the car) or a persisting engine problem (despite no check engine light warning).



Does anyone have any common trouble areas to check for this sort of problem with a 93 stock YJ?



Thanks for any advice/help. Feel free to dump as many clarification questions on me as needed, as I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from solving this mystery.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor