Another Headlights don't work thread

samedi 25 octobre 2014

Already did a search, and didn't find anything to help, so here it goes -

98 Cherokee Classic, 4.0l, 4wd, auto trans, bone stock, 221k miles - original owner, no Daytime running light, no security system.

My headlight switch mechanically failed - the plunger stopped engaging the detents for parking position and headlight position (I could hear a piece rattling around in the switch when I removed it. Prior to this, I had no issues with the headlights. Bought a new switch at the local auto parts place, installed it, and now I've got all (parking, blinkers, brake, hazards and fog) except for headlights working in high or low position. Thought it could be a bad switch, so got another; same result. Tried a third from another auto parts store, same result (luckily everyone has a really good return policy!).

Checked all headlight related fuses in passenger compartment (3,4,5 and 16 if I recall correctly); nothing blown.

Checked fuses in engine compartment (I think 19 is headlights); nothing blown, and I can't find reference to a headlight relay there.

I've got 12.xx v on the brown/black wire at the switch, 0v at the red/white wire at the switch, and jumping those two doesn't cause the headlights to come on. This doesn't make any sense to me-I thought red/white was power into the switch from the battery, and brown/black was power out to multifunction switch, but I haven't been able to find a good wiring diagram.

]

Any ideas? I'm starting to lean toward a burned out multifunction switch, but it's too dark and late to start that process tonight.



Scott




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor