Need Advice/Stop Plug/Leaking Coolant

mardi 21 octobre 2014

Hey guys-



Dropped the Jeep off at the shop the other day (99 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 4.0 I6, 2wd, 186k miles) - was having problems with it overheating on occasion and a coolant leak (and heat wasn't working).



Mechanic called me and said water pump and thermostat needed to be replaced - ok- did that. Good news is that it seems to be running cooler and not overheating and the heat in the Jeep works again BUT I noticed I'm still leaking coolant.



So I drop it back off this morning- mechanic just calls me and says its a stop plug that its leaking out of. Something about it being between the engine and the transmission and transmission actually has to come out to get to it. Said it would be about $350 to fix.



Any advice? Should I do it? Get a second opinion? Is this legit?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor