93 ZJ - No Brake Lights (Searched and Checks Done)

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

I have a ’93 ZJ Laredo V8 with the factory tow package (7-pin) which I’ve owned for the last 20 years. It’s a fairly base model and does not have LOM or VIC. We recently did Monstaliner on the exterior and pulled the exterior lighting and lenses as well as the rear hatch and front hood to facilitate easier painting. We also pulled the rear factory hitch to apply Chassis Saver and topcoat with a flat black bedliner. When everything was disassembled… we did occasionally start it to drive in and out of the garage.



Most everything is back together now… including the rear hatch. All of the lighting works… with the exception of the brakes lights (all three). I’ve searched extensively… and performed all of the relevant tests and analysis based on the threads I’ve found. Unfortunately many of the threads end without the original questioner saying what ultimately fixed the problem… I will not do that with this thread.



Here is what I’ve tried so far…



• All parking lights work (front and back)

• Four-way lights work (front and back)

• Reverse lights work

• Fuse #2 has been checked and is OK

• I’ve checked for power on the harness to the brake switch (on the pedal) and it is getting power

• I’ve checked for continuity at the brake switch per the test outlined here ( http://ift.tt/1wgjIcF )… and no issues were found

• I’ve checked and double checked that all harnesses are connected… although I have not reattached the 7-pin trailer receptacle to the hitch yet (it’s hanging there)… but there does not appear to be a ground related to that.



Needless to say… I’m baffled. I’ve even looked under the hood at the relay box but could not find anything relating to the brakes. I have not checked for power to the 7-pin towing harness yet to see if it is working properly… but can do that tonight. I’ve tried to follow the wiring diagram (in Haynes) to see what is after the brake switch… but I was unable to see where the power goes.



Somehow the power is getting lost between the brake switch and the lights in the back. Any ideas or guesses on this? What else should I try? Everything worked a couple weeks ago before we took it apart for painting. All help is much appreciated!!



Many thanks,




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor