Drivers side AC only cold air

lundi 27 octobre 2014

Hi guys it seems like the last couple of days I've become cursed or something because I keep getting stupid problems.



Anyway today just as it's getting cold I noticed that the AC on the drivers side was blowing only cold air regardless of what the temperature is set on.



So I did a diagnostic test and it said Error 54 (Left temperature door travel too large) witch I'm guessing means that the blend door isn't functioning witch is apparent since only cold air is coming out.



I also tried the Ignition IN and set to Auto remove the fuse procedure to try and reinitialize the AC but it seems to have had no effect.



Now what I've noticed is that if I move the passenger temp control I can hear a buzzing coming form the console but if I move the drivers temp knob I can't hear anything.



So I guessing if it was the blend door broken hinge I would still be able to hear the actuator running right?



If it in fact is the actuator this means it has to come out right?

Meaning I'd have to take out the complete dash to access the AC unit behind it and access the drivers side actuator. Right?



I took a look under the dash and saw there's a rod behind and above the mode actuator witch I can see moving and I'm guessing this is the one that controls the blend doors right?



I read somewhere that the actuator could have just seized up if taken apart I could reassemble it and maybe get it to work?



Is there any other thing I can try to at least get the hot air working since I'm not going to need it until the summer.



Thanks for the help guys it's really important that I at least diagnose the problem correctly since I can't afford to take it to the dealer right now so I need to know what I'm getting myself into if I'm to try and fix it myself.



Best regards.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor