Replacing head gasket, and head 0331

dimanche 19 octobre 2014

2000 xj 4.0, possible blown head gasket. I have replaced everything in the cooling system aside from the upper hose and radiator. Radiator is 6 months old, has no blockages.



I obviously have the 0331 head(non tupy), I have decided to go ahead and do the head gasket.



I decided replacing the head while I am at it, so I don't have to worry about the infamous crack.



I know everyone is going to say, aftermarket head or tupy 0331. I have a 7120 sitting on my parts jeep in my yard. I have read a reasonable amount into it. I get alot of mixed info on what is required to make it fit. From what i read, there is no hole for the idler pulley. I am fine with that.



I also read on the 0630 head, the 0331 exhaust manifold doesn't just bolt on. Most people replace the manifold with a rugged ridge header, and that the 7120 is identical to the 0630, meaning it will have the same issue. I also have the entire exhaust from my 95 xj country for retrofitting purposes.



I am mostly looking for opinions, and if possible, first hand experience on this subject. I plan on buying a 7120 head gasket kit, and having the head go to the machine shop so I don't want to waste money nor time doing this if it doesn't match up.



All help is appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor