multiple codes...

jeudi 26 mars 2015

So my wife has been driving the free to us ZJ for about half of the winter, mostly because I didn't trust her Crown Vic on the mountain roads and ice... The other day she tells me the CEL was on when she left work, no codes when I go to look... Last night, CEL is back and the voltage gauge is not showing any charge, this morning I go out and start it up, no issues, no light, and it's charging so I send her on her way (this will give me time to find the miss on her Crown Vic...) later thinking it might be an alternator going out I drive to her vet clinic just to give it a once over, now there are codes... 12, 17, 41.

12- battery disconnect (sure this is from it not charging yesterday, not sure why it didn't show it before)

17- engine failed to reach temp...( not a huge surprise her office is only two or three miles away)

41- an open or shorted condition in the generator field control circuit. (Ok I got nothing... )



Did some quick searching, half says I have to replace the CAPS in the PCM, the rest say to replace the Alt along with a ton of wiring from the power distribution box out to the Alt and Battery...

So here's my stupid question for the day, has anyone dealt with this issue? How much time am I looking at...?



Not that I'm afraid to get my hands dirty, I already have too many projects going, between the wife's other car, and repairing several sections of fence the dumb horse took out while tryin to trample a few coyotes...





Now I know this is a 23 year old free jeep (still don't have the heart to tell the PO that he over looked the fuel pump when he gave it to me as a parts rig...) and to be frank I'm surprised it's lasted as long as she has...



from my surgically attached iPad




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor