Probabky the worst thing possible

lundi 30 mars 2015

So my brakes went out in my 92 4.0 the other day. Come to find out the frame was snapped In FRONT of the driver side shocks so more near the front bumper. The brake line was broke in the middle of the frame pieces. It's my DD. My first thought was to get it welded by a professional and sell it. Now I'm thinking maybe it will be worth driving after it gets welded. If I plan to keep this jeep forever I would eventually get the frame replaced after I graduate college (2 years) when it's not my DD anymore. I'm not worried about getting the weld to pass inspection or anything either. One of my fathers technicians that lives near me said he would come weld it together for me this week.





It's a 92 4.0 5 speed 173,000 miles hardtop full steel doors...



Things I've invested in since I've owned

-brake master cylinder

-brake lines

-transfer case

-alternator

-valve cover gasket

- the transmission was rebuilt last year by previous owner



It does have rust spots but nothing crazy. It's mostly rusty hinges. I haven't owned it that long.



So, do I cut my loses now and sell or am I in too deep and should I drive it with the weld and begin my restoring when I graduate and have the money? I'm just looking to get some extra advise from fellow jeepers and people who maybe have been in the same boat.



Thanks fellas!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor