96 zj Occasional stall and hesitation.

vendredi 28 mars 2014

Hi all,



I recently picked up a 96 zj 4.0 and it is my first jeep. I love it and had no problems for 2 months, then I took it to my local jeep dealership for the oil change and multi-point inspection.



I did this only for the first oil change on it so I could have the dealer look over everything so I would know of any issues. Anyway, starting after this took place it started to randomly stall or try to stall when coming to a stop and then also when I start to go it will buck, kind of like it cuts out for a second then be fine. The first night after this began I checked the wire harness going into the computer and when I pressed on it the engine would want to stall and if I lifted up on it, the engine would spool up. I thought because of this that my problem was the common issue with the computer and the harness, however the next day and every time I try to do it now nothing happens. It is still having the issue, but pushing and pulling on the harness and tapping the computer do absolutely nothing. Now I am really confused as to what the problem is.



There are no codes and no CEL present. The only other thing I notice (this has done this since I got it) when I am coasting the rpm occasionally drop and surge and it feels like engine assisted braking if that makes sense. Since it's my first jeep I thought it might be normal, but now not so sure.



Thanks guys.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor