Diamond plate custom rocker panel mods

lundi 24 novembre 2014

I needed to spruce up my 2006 Wrangler Unltd so decided to add some diamond plate. I bought the plate from http://ift.tt/15ej7gM and it was far less expensive than I feared! One 4x8 sheet cut lengthwise and one more 2'x8' section was ~$100. Stainless sheets screws, and a backing of rubberized roofing tape between plate and body to reduce moisture damage risk... Turned out great and will now do the back corners and rear panel. Used a simple metal cutting blade on my 4" grinder and it was a breeze. What appears to be rippling is really reflections due to its mirror shine; in sunlight, it looks as flat as the metal its mounted to! Let me know what you think...



PS And, no, its not a hybrid... just my sense of humor!




Attached Images









File Type: jpg Photo 1.jpg (24.7 KB)
File Type: jpg Photo 2.jpg (28.4 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor