T176 stripped trans fill plug? ... PO ....

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

So I spent yesterday servicing the trans, tcase, and diffs while I wait for the replacement brake hose to the rear axle so I can test out all the new hard lines on my new to me 83 cj7 ... I didn't notice how easy it was to remove the trans fill plug (m20) but when I went to reinstall it was obvious when it basically just slipped into the hole that the PO had stripped out the threads.



so is there an "easy" way to remedy this problem? I've considered using a helicoil, building a homemade rubber plug compression (plug w/ bolt through it and washer on both sides - insert, tighten), or even drilling/tapping the m20 for a smaller bolt to use to fill the case then using jb weld to secure the m20 in place



but the helicoil would involve dropping the trans ... not sure the rubber plug would survive rather than disintegrate into my transmission over time ... and not sure jb weld would work in a gear oil environment. any other ideas that people use for this type of problem?



thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor