New vehicle - 6 repairs in 7 weeks.

lundi 24 novembre 2014

Here's my story.

I went to the local dealer to by a new 2014 GC in Oct 2014. My only criteria was to have a V8 motor, 20" wheels, and black on black color. They found one for me and we settled on a price. It was a dealer trade so they had to get it from a neighboring city. They called me on my way home to tell me that the vehicle actually had 5,000 miles on it because the dealer general manager had been driving it. We agreed on a different price based on this discovery. I was not upset since we had a new deal. The vehicle was delivered in an assumed "clean" condition. Let me tell you that it was not clean. It had been treated like a rental car. I have no idea why dealers allow this to happen. They call them "demo vehicles" after they trash them (or their family does...).

Anyway, that's no my beef. Since I took delivery of my GC, I've been into the dealer service shop every week to have it repaired. I have 6 repairs in 7 weeks and that's not counting each time that I have to go in for diagnostics prior to part ordering. Don't get me wrong, the dealership is great and I do like the vehicle but it is now a "love / hate" relationship that I have.



Here is a list of issues that has turned me sour over the past 7 weeks:

1) Water in tail light (replaced)

2) Exterior door trim piece detached (repaired twice)

3) Auto climate does not activate during remote start (software upgrade)

4) Navigation radio / central control screen resets randomly (different software upgrade)

5) Recall service for a list of electrical issues

6) Navigation radio / central control screen locks up completely without any function left (replacing radio / control system)



If this continues, they will get this vehicle back and I will get something else!!!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor