Why Did You Buy Your WK?

lundi 24 novembre 2014

I'm just curious, why people bought a WK, and why you like it/don't like it, and what else you considered, and did you buy new or used?





Why I bought mine:



--The deal on my trade-in (370Z) was GOOD! As in, I got $4K more than blue-book trade-in and on bald $1600 tires, and with $12K in repaired damage from some girl hitting me, at that!



--I really like the look of the WK. It's edgy/boxy, and looks like an SUV and not a "car that rides higher".



--The HEMI motivates it well. 'Murica! I wanted back in a V8.



--The QDII AWD system looked great to me on paper.



What I like:



--HEMI

--QDII works great in the real-world

--It handles great now that I put Bilstein 4600HD's on it

--I think Jeep said it best "It fits between trees", and doesn't look like I'm hauling around a litter of whelps to the mall and soccer games.

--It looks good to me

--The amenities it has are STILL cutting edge in 2014/5.



What I dislike:



--Low retained value

--Durability is low (suspension, water pump, transmission leaks, etc.)



Did I buy new/used?



--I bought used. My note is $400/mo. I've had notes from $1K/mo, to "paid off". I also have 35 acres of beautiful property in NWA, and it runs me $240/mo. I wanted to keep my total monthly financed burden at <12% for the sake of building a house in the next year or two, and I felt that $400/mo was a very good budget to accomplish that. Buying used allowed me to get "more feature for my money", even if repair costs are included---they don't show up on a credit report.



I bought something like this so I could get home in the winter once I build a house here:









So far I have gotten everything I wanted in my Jeep. The downside being catching up on repairs that the previous owner glossed over, as well as parts having short life-spans (control arm bushings wearing out in 70K miles, water pumps only lasting 20K miles, sunroof guides already need to be replaced, etc.) So, it's a love/hate, but over-all, I still smile when I see it parked out front, when it's working. :laugh:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor