1983 CJ7 258 swap

jeudi 3 septembre 2015

I've been searching the web and trying to locate more information on the forum but haven't come up with much, been relegated to the mobile version for a while so searching kind of sucks so sorry if I missed any relevant threads.

With that said, I just got a free 258 out of a 1984 cj7 from my father in law. It only has about 120,000 miles, doesn't leak a drop, and runs really strong. I wanted to replace the motor in my 83 since it has over 230,000 miles and leaks like a sieveand the timing seems to be giving me a fit right now. My 83 is set up as a California compliant model with a serpentine belt and the 84 is a standard v-belt. Not being mechanically inclined enough to do the swap myself, I have someone going to help me with it but he had several questions since he's not a jeep expert. Off the cuff, what are the initial pitfalls or roadblocks in the swap if I want to remain with a serpentine setup? Obviously the water pump would have to be swapped as well as the fan. Is there any major difference in the motor mount location, the cooling lines, or any other specific systems I need to consider before going this route? I will probably have more questions but I was just handed this opportunity and thought it would be a good deal since the motor is free and runs really well compared to mine.

I don't have any desire to put a larger motor in my Jeep so any advice on this 258 swap for a year newer would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Gary


1983 CJ7 258 swap

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor