Dropped a bolt into engine... Where could it go?

mercredi 2 septembre 2015

I'm selling my CJ7 this Friday and part of the deal was that I would change the valve cover gasket first. I went to do it last night, and of course, I happened to drop one of the bolts down one of the oil passages in the head (where the pushrods come through). I fished around with a magnet for probably an hour and finally lost sight of it. It was late and I was frustrated so I gave up. Here's my question: Is there any way it could have dropped down into the oil pan? I'm sure it was a combination of bad lighting and just being angry, but I couldn't see the bolt in there anywhere. I'm planning on buying a better magnet today, but I'm wondering if there's any chance I need to drop the oil pan. I just changed the head gasket two weeks ago and I DO NOT want to go through that again. Thanks.


Dropped a bolt into engine... Where could it go?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor