Installed KC Highlights windshield lights

jeudi 3 septembre 2015

I'm slowing adding parts to my Jeep TJ. I've had it a couple of years now and haven't really done much but get new tires, new soft top, and a tune up. I have 4 girls at home and one in college so my time and money are quite taken.
I go to work pretty early. That and the fact that my night vision sucks had me order some KC lights with the windshield brackets. I ordered the driving light option for now. Once I finish my bumper I'll put these on there and get some spot lights to replace them on the windshield.

Sorry for the large pics. I can't seem to scale them down on this forum.


Here's the new top. It was a tight fit but I base that on the old, original top that was on for 12 years, so...



Mounting the lights is a not a problem. The wiring required some creativity. I haven't searched the forums so there may be other posts about this. This is just how I ran them. The wires have to run under the cowl to get to the lights. To get into the cowl from the engine compartment I drilled a hole left center, taking care not to hit the engine harness.




I used a unibit, makes it easier to drill exactly the size of hole you need. If you do this make sure to drill from one side, then switch to the other side to deburr.





I routed the wires under the stiffeners when I could, keeps them out of the windshield wiper arm.



Installed KC Highlights windshield lights

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor