Motor Timing 180* out?

jeudi 3 septembre 2015

Hi gang,
After struggling with a no start issue this summer and finding a sunken float in the carb. it seems I have larger issues. Without disturbing the distributor (I don't care for the term 'dizzy') it seems the Inital Timing is about 180* out. (A lift of the lynch lid to Jeep Hammer for suggesting this) After detirmining this I pulled the distributor and checking the distributor gear it looked almost new.
In the past I've had a '69 Pontiac LeMans that fell out of time and it was the 'silent runner' plastic timing gear that had stripped and was evident by the erratic revolving of the distributor rotor. Since AMC uses steel gears and chain how could the IT slip to this degree? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any help


Motor Timing 180* out?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor