Cj5 sbc wiring question

mercredi 2 septembre 2015

I am a relative rookie at engine swaps and restoration. This is my second project over the last 30 years. Things are going reasonably well but I am at the point now that I need some engine wiring electrical help.
My project is a 1979 CJ5 with about 88k original miles that has sat for more than 20 years. It had a carbureted 258 that had failed, which was the reason for its long period of non-use. It has a T18a. That motor has been replaced with a manually-choked, carbureted 66 Chevy 283 with HEI using a Novak adapter and adjustable motor mounts . It now has a non-electric oil pressure gauge.
I am now at the point that I need to wire the engine and really am not sure what gets connected to what. I know that there is more than one way to do some of this so I want to make sure that I have done it correctly. So I need someone smarter or perhaps luckier than me to provide some knowledge and advice.
All of the wiring behind the bulkhead connector is stock. All of the wiring in front of it is also stock and has been identified according to the bulkhead charts below.

The original 258 engine control module has been removed. Battery to motor, motor to frame and frame to tub grounds have all been made.
I do know that I would like to use the original Jeep remote solenoid as a part of the configuration.
My question is:
Which specific wires from the firewall side of the bulkhead get attached to which specific components (solenoid, starter, HEI, other?) to reliably start and run the motor. I know this subject has come up in many places and forums over the years. I have reviewed all of them but never have seen a definitive explanation of which specific wires do which specific components. I appreciate the assistance and thank anyone responding for their help in advance.



Cj5 sbc wiring question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor