76' CJ7 Build

dimanche 6 septembre 2015

High all,

I am undertaking a total rebuild of a 1976 CJ7. It had the AMC 258, automatic tranny with quadratrac. I was wanting to get initial opinions about the power train. I would like to keep everything minus the engine. The mission is a toy around the neighbor hood with mild trail riding with the kids. So I don't need a super heavy duty set up, just need to have it mechanical sound.

I was thinking of, having the existing power train looked at / rebuilt as necessary and then for the engine put a Chevy small block in it. I have a frame I just picked up that is ready (with mounts) to go.

So, thinking of the kit to mod the quadratrac to part time 4wd, getting a later model 4L Chevy engine with fuel injection?

Any words of advice/recommendations ?

Scott: 76' CJ-7 Ground up restore


76' CJ7 Build

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor