Winter Ready: 34 x 10.5 BFG T/A K02

dimanche 6 septembre 2015

I wanted a tall yet narrow tire on the JK-8 for getting over Wasatch mountain passes - which will start getting snow the end of this month. The T/A's have the "snowflake symbol" as they are "severe snow service" rated. I usually go wider with a mud tire - but this way I can run the stock rims without spacers or lift. And, the sides of the Jeep will stay cleaner as the tires are well within the fenders, backed up by the Mopar splashguards.



The stock 255/75r17 BFG MT tires measured 31" mounted v. 32.5" for the 34/10.5r17 T/A's. The new spare just clears the bumper indent. Since the new tire only weighs 9 pounds more than the old, I think I can get away with no tailgate reinforcements this time around.



It does not look like it, but there's about 1" clearance between the rear tire and the rock rail. I've cycled the suspension on lifts and have not found clearance issues. The Jeep does have a 1" coil spacer lift on the front - but that's to set the rake where I want it and it was not necessary to fit the tires.



The ride after the swap is good - smooth and not harsh. The T/A's are a "D" rated tire and I'm running them in the low 30's on psi so far.


Bill


Winter Ready: 34 x 10.5 BFG T/A K02

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor