Newbie looking for advice

jeudi 3 septembre 2015

Hello, all. I have a grey 97 Grand Cherokee Laredo, with close to 180K miles on it, straight 6 cyl (and that is about all I know). I drove it daily until a couple years ago when the lock mechanism broke out of the driver door. I'm told this is a common issue for that year/type. Part of the seat mechanism broke, too, which I remedied by dropping the back seat so it prevented the driver seat from falling backward. The Jeep is also rusting out, so it is not in the best of shape, to say the least.

I couldn't find a replacement door anywhere nearby, so it sat a couple years. I finally got a replacement door and seat from a 94 Grand Cherokee, but not Laredo. So, the door wiring is different and the seat is not powered. I took the wiring harness out of the old door. The panel pin holes in the 94 door don't match up to the 97 panel, so I used some sheet metal screws to fasten it down (at this point, I don't care about looks)

I tried to start it, yesterday, and it won't turn over. The dash lights come on and it runs its prestart check, but when I turn the key the rest of the way, nothing happens. I'm guessing the starter is frozen, maybe? I know squat about cars, so I really have no idea.

If I can get it started, I'd like to let my son drive it around town. If I can't get it running, I'd like to get rid of it in the most profitable way. I'm looking for any advice that can be offered.

Thanks!


Newbie looking for advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor