Nominal Checking Distance for Chrysler 8.25?

mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Getting ready to regear the C8.25 in my 99 XJ and I'm trying to figure out the markings on the pinion gear head (Revolution Gear and Axle) to establish pinion depth. The pinion gear is typically marked with a "+" or "-" followed by a number that indicates the variance from the nominal checking distance. Near as I can tell, the markings on the pinion say "42" which I'm sure is the ring and pinion matching set number since it is also on the ring gear. The other number appears to be 4.125 which makes no sense to me at all. The only thing that even comes to mind is that 4.125 is exactly half of 8.25 but I have no idea of what relevance it would be. Maybe I'm not seeing them right, I'd appreciate any input or interpretation of the markings on the included pics. Thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinion 021.jpg (82.3 KB)
File Type: jpg Pinion 022.jpg (53.6 KB)
File Type: jpg Pinion 023.jpg (76.4 KB)
File Type: jpg Pinion 024.jpg (49.7 KB)
File Type: jpg Pinion 025.jpg (66.4 KB)


Nominal Checking Distance for Chrysler 8.25?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor