Front brake line removal and reinstall help

samedi 28 juin 2014

I am replacing the front passenger side brake line from my '85 CJ-7. This is the hard line from the proportioning valve to the frame near the wheel.



I have disconnected the line at each end and removed all of the mounting tabs and screws. How in the world to I get the line out, much less get the new line in without damaging it? It runs above the steering box and above the 2 steering hoses. The brake line makes a right angle in that corner. Although I have the line loose, I don't see how it's going to side out and I really don't see how I can get the new line in without severely bending it.



I can cut the old line to get it out, but getting in the new line is the real trick. Do I need to pull the grill, radiator, and possibly the steering box to get into this corner?



Any advise here would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor