My TMR customs TJ long arm upgrade! PIC HEAVY

samedi 21 juin 2014

Hey guys! The time has come for my TMR long arm kit install. This is by far the biggest project I've taken on so preeeeety I'm fired up to do this :2thumbsup:



So the details!

I'm using these two kits:

http://ift.tt/V0RbYT

http://ift.tt/V0RbYZ



on my 2000 TJ. It's got an 8.8 rear and a D44 front. Somewhere around 4 inches of suspension lift. OME shocks.

























The ride quality has been... stiff, and the rear end binds like crazy when flexing.. twice breaking the upper control arm mounts off the frame. First, when simply driving on Hwy 401, the second, bombing around in the pits.



passengers side





and the remaining drivers side was about to let off





So I figured, F it. I'm going for it.



BOOM









SO now for the fun stuff.

Started pulling the rear axle. It didn't take too long for me to run into problems. The lower shock mount bolts were impossible to turn, both my impact gun and by breaker bar. After reasonable amount of time trying to undue the bolts, I decided to cut 'em off.













Finally, got the axle out. Control arms had no real problems coming out... a little persuasion from the multi-angle swing press did the trick.





axle out! I was daydreaming about the truss and had it resting on the axle.









ohhhh can't wait







quite the mess..







And now the disaster. Discovered the reaaaaal soft spot in the frame is softer than I had thought. Prying against it was a bad idea. Another thing for the to do list.





This is as far as I got on day 1. half the brackets rough cut off.





More to come.. I'll try to do nightly updates.



If I'm doing something dumb, or missing/overlooking something please let me know! :cheers2:



Way too excited! :2thumbsup:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor