Q concerning fuel pump/slow cold start

mercredi 25 juin 2014

On my '93, I've been having issues for the last month or so with cold starts. First start of the day it has to crank for a good 8-10 seconds before it starts, after which it runs fine. I've been thinking that my problem is the check valve in the fuel pump going bad, causing the fuel line to drain overnight.



So one thing I've been doing to band-aid this, per some others' suggestions, is cycle my key to run-off a few times before attempting to start, which I haven't really seen much of a difference in doing. Today though, while doing this, on the 3rd key cycle, I actually heard the pump prime for a second or so. And again on the 4th, but not on the 5th cycle, and the more I thought about it, I didn't hear it cycle on the first 2 cycles. AND today it started very quickly, within probably 2 seconds of cranking. So now I'm thinking my problem lies elsewhere, like maybe the fuel pump relay is sticking, or it's an ignition switch issue. Does either of these sound plausible?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor