New 08 JKU Rubicon owner- lots of questions?

mercredi 25 juin 2014

Hey JK pros, I made the leap from the 2 door old world of carbs and no airbags to the modern 4door world of Jeeps. WOW!!!! what a change...



I have a three month old son and after much debate with the wife and loosing arguements it was deamed that my old beloved CJ,YJ and other Jeeps were no place for an infant... I do agree as all my Jeeps are better suited for weekend trail fun then highway safety, so I (meaning the wife) decided on a new to me 08 JKU Rubicon was safe enough and still fun for the family outings. I have to admit Im still getting used to the plush grocery getter but the Rubi is growing on me. So I have a few questions that I didnt see under the FAQ pages or the many threads Ive crawled..



So my "new" 08 Rubicon Unlimited has only 20K miles on her but is 6 years old. Never been offroad by the original owner and only driven to the train station daily. Im showing a little rust on the seams on the frame and the gas tank skid but very clean other wise. Besides fluids and brakes, anything that are known issues I need to be aware of and check? Any critial mods that I should do day 1?



Anyone have a factory spec sheet that tells me the details of the 08 Rubicon? Im really suprised but not finding a lot of specs and I like to know what I have. I believe its 4:10 gearing and Dana 44 rear, not sure on the front..., NP241 TC, and something like 202HP 280 torq.. Incline/ decline hill angles of 40*, but thats really all I could find. Any other info on the suspension, trans, weak points on the rubicon, water crossing depth, anything really I need to know before over doing it the first time in the Pines?



Also this is my first Jeep with Airbags. Any extra precautions needed to be taken offroad? Can I mount my 12,000lb winch on the stock bumper?(If so does anyone know of winch mount that works witht he factory bumper covers). Worried If I tap or slide over a good size boulder will I blow the airbags? Also I noticed I have no rear tow hooks. Was there a tow hook optionfor 08? any mounting points under the bumper skin? I rather ask then pull the bumpers to look.



lastly anyone replace their lower dash console mesh bin with with the switch plate and want to sell me the old panel with the bin for a few bucks? also looking for the daystar or similar upper dash cover storage tray if you have one laying around.



Sorry if this was a long winded post. I know I have a million other small things I need to find out as I go so will have plenty to post later.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor