Need help installing a after market temp guage

dimanche 29 juin 2014

So I just did a closed to open cooling system swap on my 89 XJ 4.0L replacing the factory radiator with a Spectra CU1193 radiator and I also replaced all the hoses, water pump, T-stat and housing, fan clutch and installed a overflow bottle as well.



I tried to install a after market mechanical water temp gauge in the T-stat housing but I didn't have enough room for the probe. I applied sealant to the threads to get it to hold and not leak. It worked the first day and showed a reading of 195 but last night the gauge started to malfunction and showed a low reading and today its not even working. Before anyone points it out I know you are not supposed put sealant on the threads.



Here is the cheap Sunpro Gauge I picked up at Autozone: http://ift.tt/Vydqpt



What are my options now? Is there some kind of extended adapter that I could possibly pick up at a hardware store/online? Thanks



Joseph




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor