HI! Soon-to-be JKU owner with suspension questions.

mardi 24 juin 2014

Hi all! I've been lurking in the shadows for about a week reading various articles here and there, figured it was time i made an account :2thumbsup: Introductions I suppose? 25 year old male paramedic, soon-to-be married, with a 6 year old girl, 16 month old girl, german shepherd, and a house. I grew up in the CA foothills and went crawling on a regular basis with my dad in his YJ, and now in his JK. (he sold the YJ in 2007 for some unknown reason...) I also have very minimal technical experience when it comes to anything other than my old honda civic or chevy cobalt... well, now that thats done:



In short, around august/september I am planning on buying my first jeep!! I'm kinda excited......

Ok REALLY excited.



Anyway, as of now, it's going to be a 2014 JKU Rubicon and I am looking for a little advice when it comes to the suspension/drive shaft/tires.



Basically, as soon as I get it, I'll be installing the Rubicon Express 3.5" Extreme Duty 4-link long arm suspension kit.

My understanding is that with this kit, I will also have to install a new drive shaft, correct?

I'll be trimming the pinch seam- for good measure

Sadly, I plan to roll around on doughnuts for about a month or two after that until i get the money for 35" tires/ 17" wheels... Now, I've seen the chart posted several times, and in the FAQ, which shows the 35's being acceptable when partnered with the 4:1, but I've also seen several people post that they're not acceptable if the transmission is a manual, can anyone explain further or give any first hand accounting as to the practical difference?

Also sicne we're on the subject and since I could not find any posts on the matter, what are your guys' thoughts on manual vs automatic transmission? (I can drive both, but have not 4-wheeled in a manual - willing to learn though)

I know it's a great big wall-o-text, but... Thanks in advance for any help! :thankyou:

Mud




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor