Flat tow question

lundi 31 août 2015

Technical towing question here.

My jeep is a 2006 Rubicon LJ with the stock 6 speed mercedez manual transmission and the stock NVG 241OR RockTrac Transfer Case. These are the same used on current JK's.

I am about to have my jeep transported via family to my new home which is roughly a 2200 mile trip being flat towed behind a pick up truck.

Normally this would be strait forward however due to a yoke failure the front drive shaft has been removed. From what I understand the transfer case is self lubricating which doesn't require drive shaft removal for flat tows but i don't know if this process requires both drive shafts being installed. I guess if it does I could just have the rear shaft removed as well. Technical experts appreciated.


Flat tow question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor