Rear wiper park problem

dimanche 30 août 2015

Been awhile since I last posted, I usually just fix my issues but this one is a pain. 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee btw. The rear wiper died a nasty death, the worm drive gear ate the driven plastic gear thus ending its usefulness. The wife drives this rig and she doesn't like not having a rear wiper. I went and got another rear wiper motor assembly from the local salvage yard. Being a used part I cracked it open, cleaned the bit of corrosion that was starting on the shaft, relubed and reassembled. Works awesome but...... When the wiper is shut off and it tries to park, the little dealie on the wiper arm catches on the park ramp and it all stalls out.

I suspect this is what ruined the original one so I repositioned the arm so it will park with the dealie just touching the ramp. This is temporary of course because the wife had to get to work and its raining out and I wanted her to at least be able to use the jeep and its awesome working rear wiper. I was thinking I could see about smoothing the park ramp as is might have a ridge or something but I figured there might be a solution here. The wife is fine with it as is but with the wiper repositioned like it is we can't use the glass hatch and frankly it kind of bothers me seeing that wiper not in its park position.


Rear wiper park problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor