Front Driveshaft issues...

dimanche 30 août 2015

So my jeep has always made weird noises since the day I bought it. I thought something was messed up in the front axle or something. I drove it anyways for 6,000 miles like that, and last night when I was cruising on really soft, sandy roads, it sounded like my whole front end was howling and it smelled weird. So I got out, got underneath, and a red hot glob of something dripped from the area where the front DS goes into the transfer case (242). It smoked like crazy and was way too hot to touch. The transfer case itself wasn't too hot, though. So I disconnected my front DS, cooled it down and threw it in the trunk.
What happened here, and how would you guys go about fixing this? Can I convert it to a u-joint style deal, or is it more reasonable to just replace it with the same style thing?


Front Driveshaft issues...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor