Coolant question

samedi 29 août 2015

So, Thursday the wife drove the Jeep and when I took over the overhead said the coolant level was low. When I got home I popped the hood and noticed anti-freeze splashed all over. The radiator was low and threw in some distilled water and cranked the engine. Had water dripping from the front of the block (right below the harmonic balancer). So was thinking the water pump finally kicked the bucket. Not too bad since it's original and has 215,000 on it.

Actually had to drive it between then and today, but bought the new pump and just popped the radiator cap to start draining and the fluid was at the top. Checked the reservoir and it's good. Didn't notice any leak under the car so I decided to crank it back for a few minutes. Absolutely no leak anywhere. I noticed there doesn't seem to be any pressure on the top hose and it's hot. The lower hose has the spring in it to prevent collapse, so it is what it is, but the hose is hotter than the top one. That said, I'm thinking either pump isn't moving any fluid or T-stat is bad. I would think if it was one or the other I would be overheating, especially when the temps outside are 90+. Haven't had the gauge go past 200 at all. That and why did anti-freeze spray and leak, but not now?


Coolant question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor