Am I crazy or can I fix this halfway decent?

lundi 20 octobre 2014

I have some rust in two spots, one is the bottom of both doors (rocker panels are clean, doors only) and the passenger front panel.



I was going to pay a body shop $400.00 to repair but bolstered by my POR-15 floor pan repair I am thinking maybe I can do this myself (and I am worried that the body shop might just cover it without treating it and end up coming back).



Can I just wire brush and POR-15 the affected areas and then cover? For the front panel I would hit it with color matched paint (or something close) and for the door I am thinking just tape off a line below the trim and plasti dip everything below it including the rocker panels. Will the plasti dip protect the unrusted areas?



I dont want it to look totally rigged up but if I can save a few bucks and know that the rust is gone for good I would be happy.





imgurl





picture share




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor