AMC 20 rear axle inner seal install

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

I finally got my axle back and had planned on getting it in and all done tomorrow. I happened to look at the new inner axle seals I had installed along time ago, and noticed they didn't look right. I thought they looked backwards. The rubber seal that I can see has the spring that keeps the seal tight to the shaft on the outside. I'm thinking its backwards, and the spring needs to be on the inside like all other seals I've put in. I didn't seal around the outer edges like Ludels book recommends, so I went ahead and pulled them anyway.

Its hard to see but the first pic is of it installed. You can see the rubber seal, and just barely see that round spring.

The second pic is of how it was in before I pulled it. The third pic is the back side that I had facing in.




Attached Images













File Type: jpg seal1.JPG (122.2 KB)
File Type: jpg seal2.JPG (77.2 KB)
File Type: jpg seal3.JPG (79.6 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor