Lock cylinder will not turn. several methods attemped

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

So I am an apprentice technician and I recently helped my friend pick up a Grand Cherokee ZJ 1993 for 700$ it has 250,000 KM on it and was in relatively good shape except for the front driver side axle which had failed at the cv joint. I knew this would be an easy repair. changed that out and ended up with a good jeep. that is until the Canadian winter turned spring early on us. and the viscous coupler started to bind up at low speed turns.



Sooo our goal of fixing everything got squashed by needing one part that is 60% of the initial investment. But it is still a good get around, and once the weather warms up I thinks a tcase swap to something with 2wd would be the ultimate fix for that.



but now the ignition key will not turn, the steering wheel was locked so I thought we just needed to unlock the wheels. jacked the front of the vehicle up and attempted too free the wheel and jiggle the key. no dice.



Sprayed seafoam deep creep penetrating lubricant. no dice



Found online to tap the key in while turning the key. no dice. key got bent a little :(



now we have removed the key assembly. with a screwdriver I was able to unlock the steering wheel by turning where the tumbler got stuck. Since this is an inexpensive vehicle and my friend has no shame in a screwdriver start this is what we want to attempt. I am praying some other users of this forum have rigged up a setup and have any knowledge they could share with me in order to help my friend out. since I helped him purchase the vehicle i feel responsible for its bugs. It was CHEAP so its not a big deal about the drivetrain binding but he does need it to get to and from work.





I think you need to use two screwdrivers to turn the lower section and the upper section to crank the engine.. but there is also an electrical aspect and this is what I am stuck on. I will check diagrams through prodemand at work but still not exactly what is sure to start the jeep, keep it running and satisfy the security system




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor