LJ Transmission and steering upgrade advice needed

dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Hi all,



Need some advice on 05 LJ rubicon auto transmission. 70k miles running 35" tires. 4.10 gears for now (I know it needs 4.88s but I actually like it with the 4.10s and 4-1 transfer...it's about perfect in 4 low) and in 3rd (od off) it's great on the highway so not motivated to change them as they work for me.



Tranny keeps popping up p700 code..3x now. Mechanic stated it may have been running hot (I agree) and went in limp mode. Cleared it and was fine for a while. Then it happened again under hard acel. From a stop light. When it happens it stays in 2nd only and you have to key off...on to get it to use other gears. Amsoil synthetic fluid only changed reg. Deep pan (mopar) I feel it could be slipping a bit but only when changing gears and could be imagining it as I drive it pretty easy overall. mechanic also stated shift servo could be bad.



So that's the background. My main question is: is there a company that offers a built drop in tranny I can buy. I find many for 4l60e's. Nothing for this despite countless searches. And if so is this a worthwhile option? Or would I be better either rebuilding this tranny or just adding a cooler and a new shift servo. And what is the best cooler.



We wheel throughout new England in the trees rocks and hills and go to moab ut every now and then, so we need reliability. We wheel hard, but carefully and don't skip obstacles but wheel easy if that makes sense...we let the jeep do the work. I baby her but do all the trails and obstacles. I am tempted to go to 37s with the Dana 44s and superior axles, sleeved, gusseted, in the future. But the consensus seems to be that will push it and is a can of worms so may stick with 35s.



Sorry for all the info, but felt it relevant.



Steering: currently just zj setup. While we've had no issues I'd something better. It is puny compared to jk. I like the way jk goes to the knuckle from the pitman. Is there a bolt on kit for the tj like that....that just has a tie rod going from knuckle to knuckle? Besides the skyjacker aluminum....I want steel.

Seems way stronger knuckle to knuckle. I've seen the currie correct link and I'm not sure it's the best option. I know it's going to sound weird but I also hate how the whole steering isn't level to the axle plane with that type of set up. Just aesthetically.



Thanks all, much appreciated, John Everything is a can of worms! My alter ego is yelling ls3 and 4l60e! If I need a teanny I'm half way there. Need to hit the lotto! then I'll need better axles. Lol. Truthfully she's fine the way she is, I just want to upgrade everything as much as I can when stuff wears out or breaks.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor