Connecting High Amp Draw Cables

dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Fixing to start rewiring my winch and starter cables to the battery. My plan was to crimp both the winch and starter cables into one battery terminal lug. Solder and crimp them and use adhesive shrink wrap like is detailed in Jeep Hammer's post on cables.



My question really was, what size terminal lugs do I need to get to crimp 2 x 1/0 cables? Will the next size up (2/0) work to crimp 2 cables in, or do I need a 3/0 terminal? I'm also planning on putting a 10 or 8 awg cable on both the positive and negative lugs to tie into terminal blocks on my firewall for various power needs, so that may necessitate moving up to 3/0.



I plan to put a relay in for the winch (don't have one right now), so what's a good one to use? Ideally I'd get an identical starter and winch relay for redundancy - if the starter relay fails I can just hook up the winch relay to get out of a jam.



If I'm not able to tie 2 cables into one terminal lug, option B would be to run one cable to the starter relay, then run the winch cable off that same starter lug, essentially using the starter relay as a terminal box. Then run the winch cable to the other relay. Is this feasible, or am I just asking for trouble? In this scenario I'd still need to tie both grounds into one terminal, unless there's another way. Any thoughts?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor