stock 2002 tj 2.5l: Average AX5 clutch replacement cost?

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

I posted a few days ago about the strange new sounds my tj was making and got zero response. I'm not home so i have no garage to work in and no substantial tools.



So i figured I'd go ahead and replace the flouds in the xfer and transmission to see if that would stop the the swish swish noise. Nope. After the fluid swap, the shifts are buttery smooth ( thank you all for the mt90 recommendation) but, swish swish continues.



I get back to "home" and i hear a cyclical tappy like sound. Figuring that all this fresh fluid would have eliminated all chatter elsewhere, it much be clutch/ bearing related. I press the clutch petal while in neutral, the noise goes away. Let it go, it comes back. Still in nuetral.



Something is up and I'd rather just get $#!7 done than play games. If i was home, i'd do it myself but...,



Do any of you have an estimate of how much a shop is gona try to run me for a clutch and pilot bearing replacement?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor